Monday, September 12, 2011

salted caramel madeleines.


who else feels the time of year is starting
when you feel like drinking tea every day?
and cuddling up in a comfy scarf?
and eating hot pastry, fresh out of the oven?
me, me, me
i fell that way!

and remember the caramel base i made for the salted caramel ice cream?
well, it's been sitting in my fridge for over a week and i finally took the chance to make something
(thanks to the visit of a lovely friend).
my madeleines are so so easy to make and this is a twist on the original.
check out my basic recipe here.


salted caramel madeleines
50g butter
30g sugar
1 egg
55g flour
2g baking powder
pinch of himalayan salt

preheat to 175 degrees celcius.
soften butter. 
cream butter and sugar.
add egg, mix well.
blend in salted caramel.
mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
 fill into madeleine form.
bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.